Hans Lenting  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Jul 23

So we have now:

k7vk28lrxgb2dqhckq6t.png

Guess what my client asks me to do:

Make sure that the translations in column C no not exceed the source in A with more than 2 characters.

Afraid to ask for (yet) another length check option.

Edit: It looks like this relative length check works in both directions. Is this useful? (Personally I'm only interested in targets that are longer than their sources.)

vqh77mcfdh8whvwflcjw.png

[Edited at 2018-07-23 11:00 GMT]

Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 21:31
English to Russian
Promo exchange available? Jul 26

Hans,
Sorry for off-topic here, but do you, by any chance, know if they have a promotional offer like Surrender-Your-Third-Party-License-and-Get-CafeTran-License-for-Free?icon_biggrin.gif

Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:31
Member (2015)
English to French
+ ...
Sweet surrender Jul 26

Hello Stepan,

Tempted or joking?icon_smile.gif

Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 21:31
English to Russian
yesno Jul 26

Hi Jean,

After today's release of another major CAT tool, I am pretty serious. However I understand that software licences are not a pack of cigarettes that can be easily exchanged form a cigarette promo model. So I just have to turn it into a joke.

Hans Lenting  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Jokes are always welcome here Jul 26

Stepan Konev wrote:

Hi Jean,

After today's release of another major CAT tool, I am pretty serious. However I understand that software licences are not a pack of cigarettes that can be easily exchanged form a cigarette promo model. So I just have to turn it into a joke.

CafeTran Espresso 2018 is seriously good, that's why it is such fun to use it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Additional length check option

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search