Nicolas Gambardella Le Novere
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:19
Member (Apr 2019)
English to French
+ ...
Sep 9

Hello,

I kept bumping in the same issue: I would import in CafeTran Espresso a DOCX file that contains text boxes. I'd translate the text boxes and export the translation. If I open the resulting DOCX in LibreOffice or Google Docs, I see the translated box, no problem. However, one of my clients systematically complained that I did not translate the boxes, and sent me screenshots from MS Word that indeed showed the boxes with the source text within the exported translation!
... See more
Hello,

I kept bumping in the same issue: I would import in CafeTran Espresso a DOCX file that contains text boxes. I'd translate the text boxes and export the translation. If I open the resulting DOCX in LibreOffice or Google Docs, I see the translated box, no problem. However, one of my clients systematically complained that I did not translate the boxes, and sent me screenshots from MS Word that indeed showed the boxes with the source text within the exported translation!

I wanted to understand what was happening, so I unpacked the exported DOCX. And in the document word>>document.xml I found BOTH versions of the boxes, the translated and the source one.

For some reason, my client sees only the original box (but everything else is translated), while I see the translated one.

This is weird, but most importantly, it is very disabling!
Collapse

Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:19
English to French
+ ...
Word text box Sep 9

Hello Nicolas,

I've found this post in the official forum's archive: https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/6000046910

Is it relevant to you?

Jean

Nicolas Gambardella Le Novere

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation of text boxes from DOCX documents

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search