Romina Fanzini
Romina Fanzini  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:54
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 18, 2008

Hi everybody!

I was just wondering if anyone could provide their experience on Heartsome CAT tool...
A few days ago I registered on the website to get an evaluation version of their latest bundle and a message appeared saying I would receive my download link to my e-mail address.
Unfortunately, I haven't received anything yet, so I was just wondering if it really takes some time or if I just have to register again!

Any idea is welcome!!:)

Thanks
... See more
Hi everybody!

I was just wondering if anyone could provide their experience on Heartsome CAT tool...
A few days ago I registered on the website to get an evaluation version of their latest bundle and a message appeared saying I would receive my download link to my e-mail address.
Unfortunately, I haven't received anything yet, so I was just wondering if it really takes some time or if I just have to register again!

Thanks

Romina
Collapse

savaria (X)
savaria (X)
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
I don't see the point in re-registering Sep 18, 2008

I do not see the point why would you be more sure about the fact that they would send you the key if you registered again.Then you could do this again and again,time after time.

They should have a closer look at your problem.And they should fix their problems if they have any.

RichardDeegan
RichardDeegan
Local time: 00:54
Spanish to English
Vague responses from Heartsome Sep 18, 2008

I looked into Heartsome some months back, because it seemed an ideal solution according to their website. However I had questions regarding compatibility and, wanting to avoid another "runaway" messing up my Word, wrote to their tech services regarding my concerns. The information given was extremely vague: they could not assure that there would be no permanent effect on Word, had no idea of the OS or program compatibilities and were unwilling to provide any mailing address. They also insisted ... See more
I looked into Heartsome some months back, because it seemed an ideal solution according to their website. However I had questions regarding compatibility and, wanting to avoid another "runaway" messing up my Word, wrote to their tech services regarding my concerns. The information given was extremely vague: they could not assure that there would be no permanent effect on Word, had no idea of the OS or program compatibilities and were unwilling to provide any mailing address. They also insisted that all payments be made via bank transfers; my preferred security mode of sending a physical check made out to the actual provider was unacceptable.
Needless to say, the foregoing turned me off. Having to make a bank transfer without any assurance of what company I am dealing with or where they are actually located (aside from the statement "We in Hong Kong") did not forsage a restful future for any potential relationship.
Collapse

mediamatrix (X)
mediamatrix (X)
Local time: 01:54
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sloppy all round. Sep 18, 2008

I really don't understand how anyone here could become seriously interested in a translation tool that is promoted by its founders using pidgin English delivered by an MT system (presumably the very tool they are trying to sell...) and which they don't even bother to proof-read.

http://www.proz.com/topic/115427 refers.

MediaMatrix

Marc P (X)
Marc P (X)  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Vague responses from Heartsome Sep 18, 2008

I've been informed privately that there have been some recent changes at the company responsible for Heartsome, and that the information I posted may not be correct any longer. I have therefore now deleted it.

Marc

[Edited at 2008-09-18 17:06]

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Check your spam folder Sep 18, 2008

Romina Fanzini wrote:

Hi everybody!

Thanks

Romina

Some messages from Heartsome land in my SPAM folder, so I suggest you should look there too.
I use version 6 of their tools. I evaluated their version 7 but did not like it.

It is good that there is choice in XLIFF editors nowadays

Regards,

Piotr

mediamatrix (X)
mediamatrix (X)
Local time: 01:54
Spanish to English
+ ...
OT (well, almost...) Sep 18, 2008

RichardDeegan wrote:
Having to (pay electronically) did not forsage a restful future for any potential relationship.

Did you translate that from Quechua using Heartsome? It's almost as bad as their website!

MediaMatrix

Rick Henry
Rick Henry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:54
Italian to English
+ ...
They aren't slow to respond, just to act... Sep 18, 2008

At least that was the case for me.

I purchased an upgrade to 7 and it took a full week to actually get a key from them.

I really like the program and find it easy to work with, probably because I have been using version 6 for some time, but their customer support/licensing is a different experience.

I also found out from them that if you have a desktop and a laptop, you will need to purchase two separate licenses - not much of a surprise in this particular
... See more
At least that was the case for me.

I purchased an upgrade to 7 and it took a full week to actually get a key from them.

I really like the program and find it easy to work with, probably because I have been using version 6 for some time, but their customer support/licensing is a different experience.

I also found out from them that if you have a desktop and a laptop, you will need to purchase two separate licenses - not much of a surprise in this particular software industry. They will, however give you a 10% discount on the second license.

R.
==
Collapse

Romina Fanzini
Spain
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 19, 2008

Thanks everyone!
Your information have been really helpful!
I've decided to give it a try, if I receive the evaluation code. If not, I won't insist and I'll keep using my other CATs (I'm currently evaluating DejaVu and am totally amazed!!)!

Have a nice weekend, everybody!

Romina

Panagiotis Kanavos
Panagiotis Kanavos
Local time: 08:54
English to Greek
+ ...
it is powerful Sep 23, 2008

Hi Romina

I am evaluating their programs too. It is a very powerful suite. It has some unique features which maybe require some more advanced technical skills. For example, the ability to use any database system you like (MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, etc) is absolutely amazing and so is the plugins feature that let you connect to whatever program or script you like. File format support is now very extensive, including MS Office's docx. Also, since it is Java-based it is truly cross-platfor
... See more
Hi Romina

I am evaluating their programs too. It is a very powerful suite. It has some unique features which maybe require some more advanced technical skills. For example, the ability to use any database system you like (MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, etc) is absolutely amazing and so is the plugins feature that let you connect to whatever program or script you like. File format support is now very extensive, including MS Office's docx. Also, since it is Java-based it is truly cross-platform, meaning you can use it in whatever operating system you like.

As for your problem receiving the download link, it is really weird. I downloaded 3 different editions (Linux 32bit, Linux 64bit, Windows) and I received the download link almost immediately in my mailbox.

Panos

Romina Fanzini wrote:

Hi everybody!

Thanks

Romina
Collapse

Romina Fanzini
Spain
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Link received Sep 23, 2008

Hi again to everybody!

This is just to let you know that I've just tried to re-register for the evaluation version of the CAT bundle...And immediately received the link via e-mail!!!
I'm speechless!!!Maybe the previous request (or their e-mail with the link) got lost in the Web...But still, the first impression is important, right?

Anyway, I'll give it a try now!Thanks again to everybody for the feedback!

Romina

Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
Purchase of Heartsome CAT bundle Jul 22, 2009

Hello to all,
I am posting here as this seems more relevant than opening a new thread.

I am currently trying to purchase a license for the new Heartsome CAT bundle and made a transaction throught PayPal.

What their purchase page says is:
Heartsome CAT tools are distributed electronically. Customers will be sent an e-mail with instructions within 24-48 hours of purchase confirmation. A PayPal page is available for online purchase. Click on the eMerchant of your choice to reach its relevant shop front to finalise the purchase.

cf. http://www.heartsome.net/EN/purchase.html

So I am wondering how long it takes for them to have what they call a purchase confirmation? I don't depend on this one CAT tool for working, of course, but am accustomed to faster reactions from software editors (top of the tops being Wordfast, at least in my experience).

Any feedback greatly appreciated and MTIA!

Laurent K.

[Edited at 2009-07-22 05:40 GMT]

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
I bought it some time ago Jul 22, 2009

and the link was sent to me within a matter of hours.

On the other hand, I mainly bought it because of previous good experience but it feels like, since Rodolfo Raya left them, it has not been as good as it used to be (regarding support etc.)

If I were you, I'd rather consider swordfish http://www.maxprograms.com/

Antonin

Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
Heartsome vs. Swordfish Jul 22, 2009

Antoní­n Otáhal wrote:

If I were you, I'd rather consider swordfish http://www.maxprograms.com/

Antonin

Hi Antonin, thanks for the information.

I will try to be patient with HS and eventually lodge a complaint with Paypal if the transaction is not processed by the beginning of next week.

As per SF, its demo version never worked on my PC although my Java version was correct. A support request (with screenshots of the error displayed) was never addressed.

So far, so bad... I like the whole concept of working with open source formats, but some points clearly need to be improved from a commercial point of view.

Anyway I will keep you posted.

Laurent K.

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
MemoQ then? Jul 22, 2009

Their support feels outstanding.

Antonin

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Heartsome, anyone?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »