https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/11589-t_window_and_excel_is_there_any_way_to_translate_a_cell_by_sentences.html

T-Window and Excel - is there any way to translate a cell by sentences?
Thread poster: Valeri Serikov
Valeri Serikov
Valeri Serikov  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:12
English to Russian
+ ...
Jun 4, 2003

Hi all,
I want to know if there is any solution to this issue - I have to translate an Excel file with T-Window. In fact, T-Window translates cells, which contain several sentences. Is it possible to split a cell in sentences, i.e. to translate every sentence separately within a cell?
Thanks!

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad
Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 17:12
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
If you have Wordfast Jun 4, 2003

this will not be a problem. I own Trados my self, but I tend to use Wordfast a lot. I just mark the cell where I want to start with Excel open, and press ALT+down in a blank word document. This is in my (at the time) free 3.35 version.

Valery Serikov wrote:

Hi all,
Is it possible to split a cell in sentences, i.e. to translate every sentence separately within a cell?
Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

T-Window and Excel - is there any way to translate a cell by sentences?

Translation news related to CAT tools

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »