Workbench 5.0 problems: inconsistent interaction with Multiterm, segments jumping to previous page
Thread poster: Myron Netchypor

Myron Netchypor  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 14:12
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...

Jun 20, 2003

The problem is like this: when I start working with Trados (work document) workbench shows the terms from my multiterm database. but when I add a new entry to it, workbench stops to search for terms in multiterm, while term recognition option in it is marked like before. Can you help me please?

and another:

while coming to the next untranslated segment this segment is not situated at the middle of the page but leaps up almost to the previous page. Are there some adjustments to avoid it?

I will appreciate any advice. And yes, I have Trados 5 Freelance.

Maria Asis  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:12
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Try creating fuzzy index Jun 20, 2003

Myron Netchypor wrote:

The problem is like this: when I start working with Trados (work document) workbench shows the terms from my multiterm database. but when I add a new entry to it, workbench stops to search for terms in multiterm, while term recognition option in it is marked like before. Can you help me please?

Hi Myron,

Maybe you need to create a fuzzy index after you add a new term to the MT database so that can be effectively added.

Try this. File > Create Fuzzy Index.

Hope that helps for this problem. No clue for the other thing.icon_frown.gif

Luck!

Maria José

mps1
Spain
Local time: 12:12
English to Spanish
+ ...
fuzzy index Jun 20, 2003

Maria Asis wrote:

Myron Netchypor wrote:

Hi Myron,

Maybe you need to create a fuzzy index after you add a new term to the MT database so that can be effectively added.

Luck!

Maria José

mps1
Spain
Local time: 12:12
English to Spanish
+ ...
fuzzy index Jun 20, 2003

yes, I agree with María José. Create a fuzzy Index. I had the same problem with the multi term and then it worked. I kdon't understand your second problem. Mirta.

Myron Netchypor  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 14:12
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Gracias! Jun 20, 2003

Thank you Maria, it works well now!
[/quote]

Hi Myron,

Luck!

Maria José[/quote]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench 5.0 problems: inconsistent interaction with Multiterm, segments jumping to previous page

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search