Thread poster: Ambedkar
Ambedkar
Ambedkar
India
Local time: 19:17
English to Telugu
+ ...
Feb 10, 2002

Since last one and half month, I haven\'t been receiving all job postings and KudoZ questions. I check the site every day only to find job ads (in my pair- English > Telugu) that I never received (in fact, I got a new client from an ad I saw on the site but didn\'t receive in my inbox).

Is there some sort of glitch? The same thing is happening with KudoZ questions.

Thanks,

Ambedkar
[addsig]

Aida Alvarez
Aida Alvarez  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:47
English to Spanish
Been there Feb 12, 2002

About three months ago, the same thing happened to me. I posted a forum question, asking if it was because I had applied to another place called Atimac (translator\'s site) or what was it. Although I never really got a reply, mysteriously, a month and a half later I started to get the KudoZ questions and job offers again.

I hope that you get them soon. I felt totally abandoned when I was not getting them. Cordially, Aida

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 09:47
SITE FOUNDER
no special treatment Feb 12, 2002

ProZ.com does not in any way play favorites with email notifications. If your profile page is set to receive notifications, yours be sent them at the same time--well, within 2-5 minutes since it takes that long to get them all out--as all other people (platinum or otherwise) who have set their profiles to be notified.

When this does not appear to be happening, the first thing you should check are your detailed settings: was the job a medical job? Do you list medicine as one
... See more
ProZ.com does not in any way play favorites with email notifications. If your profile page is set to receive notifications, yours be sent them at the same time--well, within 2-5 minutes since it takes that long to get them all out--as all other people (platinum or otherwise) who have set their profiles to be notified.

When this does not appear to be happening, the first thing you should check are your detailed settings: was the job a medical job? Do you list medicine as one of your areas of specialization? Did the job posted specify that bidders must be from a country other than yours? In most cases, the reason you have not received a job or kudoz notice in your pairs is that your profile does not match all of the criteria in a posting.

If all your settings fit a posting, and your email preferences are set to \'on\', and you do not receive a notice, it is possible that something has gone wrong technically. The problem could be on the ProZ.com end, it could be on the side of your email provider (your ISP, etc), or in some cases, it could be somewhere in between. (At the moment, there does not seem to be a problem on our side, as others are receiving mail.)

Email is not as reliable as, say, telephone service. You may expect delays and even disappearances from time to time. but there are no hidden rules or intentional delays.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

English>Telugu: Not getting new jobs/Kudoz questions

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »