MS Helium stops working when adding TM under Vista
Thread poster: Anneke Vet-Spijkerman
Anneke Vet-Spijkerman
Local time: 03:08
English to Dutch
Jul 3, 2009

When I want to add a translation memory (local or server based) to a Helium project, Helium stops working and exits. I use Trados Workbench 8.2.0.835 and it happens in any Helium version.
But it only happens when I work in Vista not in Windows XP. Maybe it has to do with compatibilty mode or user rights/privileges.
Does anybody know a solution to my problem?

Direct link Reply with quote

Martin Bulla  Identity Verified
Slovakia
English to Slovak
Do not work in Helium under Vista Jul 3, 2009

There are many compatibility problems between Helium and Vista. I have experienced them a lot myself and can recommend only one solution - work with Helium only under XP.

Anneke Vet-Spijkerman
English to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your comment Jul 3, 2009

Thank you Martin, I guess I will stop trying to get it to work.

Opredeleno
Local time: 04:08
Bulgarian to English
+ ...
Found the solution Jul 31, 2009

Dear Anneke99

I had the same problem and spent a whole day with different versions of Helium and Trados. Finally I got it: it's the LocStudio version that causes the problem. I changed my LS 6.11 with version 4.80 and - voila! Everything flows!!!
Hope it works for you too
Greetings

Anneke Vet-Spijkerman
English to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, you are right Jul 31, 2009

What a coincidence Opredeleno!
Just 2 days ago I had to install an old version of LocStudio and today Helium is suddenly working. I wasn't sure about the connection, but after reading your comment it is obvious that LocStudio was the problem.
Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MS Helium stops working when adding TM under Vista

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search