Thread poster: Romina Fanzini

Romina Fanzini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:32
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 9, 2009

Hi everyone!

I have an urgent question to ask!I've just finished translating a series of files for a website and before I can deliver it I need to solve this problem: there are some logos and images that contain text to be translated. I processed all files with Across and had no problem translating everything. The problem is, when I saved the target files, my translation of those images and logos wasn't displayed! They only show the original text!!
If I right-click on them and select 'Properties', there is a line that says 'Alternative text:....' and displays the translation. The problem is it should be visible in the logo!!

I also tried processing the target files with TagEditor, but I still have the same problem! The source images seem to have been created with QuarkExpress, which I don't have!!

Do any of you know what to do in this case?Thank you!

PS. Moderators feel free to move this post to a different forum. I just wasn't sure which one to put it in, as it's not a problem I have with just one CAT. Thanks

Romina

Direct link Reply with quote

Paul Carmichael  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
Alternative text is nothing. Jul 9, 2009

Romina Fanzini wrote:

Hi everyone!

I have an urgent question to ask!I've just finished translating a series of files for a website and before I can deliver it I need to solve this problem: there are some logos and images that contain text to be translated. I processed all files with Across and had no problem translating everything. The problem is, when I saved the target files, my translation of those images and logos wasn't displayed! They only show the original text!!
If I right-click on them and select 'Properties', there is a line that says 'Alternative text:....' and displays the translation. The problem is it should be visible in the logo!!

I also tried processing the target files with TagEditor, but I still have the same problem! The source images seem to have been created with QuarkExpress, which I don't have!!

Do any of you know what to do in this case?Thank you!

PS. Moderators feel free to move this post to a different forum. I just wasn't sure which one to put it in, as it's not a problem I have with just one CAT. Thanks

Romina

The "alternative text" is what shows if there's a problem loading the image. If the image contains text, then you need to create a new image or edit the existing image. Maybe you can copy the image to the clipboard and paste it into another image editor? What extension does the image file have?

rebooting your computer Jul 9, 2009

you have a virus in one your files.contact your local dealer for reboot information.down load files again problem should be solved.

Romina Fanzini  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved...New problem with META tags Jul 9, 2009

The problem's been solved!They actually didn't need the text *inside* the logos and images to be translated...But they did need metatags to be translated!!!
Across doesn't give me the chance to translate them and TagEditor gives me the option 'Edit Tag' but when I select it, I just can't translate the text!!

Help!!I've been changing settings and tag options for an hour now, I need to deliver this translation and I really don't know what to do!!!:cry:

Heike Behl, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:32
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Text editor Jul 9, 2009

You can always open each html/php etc. file in a text editor and replace the meta tag text manually. (Change the extension of each file to .txt. Edit and save the file. Change the extension back to what it was previously. Always have backup copies of the files you're editing manually, particularly when you're not that familiar with html codes and scripts.)

E.g.:
(pointed bracket)meta name="keywords" content="....."(pointed bracket)

You'd need to replace the text between the quotes of the content part.

Usually, the only content that needs translation is "keywords" and "description". Other content includes for instance instructions for search robots; this should not be translated.

Edited to make code visible.

[Edited at 2009-07-09 18:22 GMT]

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
A virus? Jul 11, 2009

dericmccloud wrote:

you have a virus in one your files.contact your local dealer for reboot information.down load files again problem should be solved.

Now you are kidding, aren't you?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

URGENT:Inserting Translated text into Logo

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search