patyjs  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 20:45
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 5, 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm working on Windows XP.

I've installed Logoport and opened Word (2007) but for some reason it's not picking up Logoport. I've tried opening a document directly and opening Word first and then a document. I've restarted the computer, redownloaded and reinstalled Logoport and done all I can think of but still no luck.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Andreja Ciković  Identity Verified
Croatia
Member (2008)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Toolbar Aug 5, 2009

Hi,

try to open Word, then go to View - Toolbar - and make sure that the sign next to Logoport Init (or only Init) is on.

If this doesn't work, open Word, go to Tools - Templates and Add-Ins and then check if the box next to the Logoport template is selected. If there is no template, I think you should double check the installation or check with the client where the problem could be.

Also, it might be that you actually have successfully installed Logoport, but you need to click on the INIT icon on the Word Toolbar in order to expand the Logoport toolbar.

Hope this helped a bit,

Kind regards,
A.

patyjs  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 20:45
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your help. Aug 5, 2009

I have finally solved the problem. I uninstalled everything connected with Logoport and started again from scratch. This time I closed everything else while doing the installation and that seems to have done the trick.

Fingers crossed, anyway

Thanks again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word won't pick up Logoport

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search