Corpus Analysis tool: need a bilingual concordancer working on already aligned corpus
Thread poster: Paolo Troiani

Paolo Troiani  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:04
Member (2010)
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 1, 2009

Hi Everybody,

I am asking for your help after having searched several corpus analysis tools.

I have an already aligned bilingual corpus (EN-IT).
Total size is nearly 5 mln words.
It was split before in several bilingual files (around 50) and I made one single Translation Memory out of them.
I simply used Trados and imported each single file.
NB: Once again those file were already bilingual and aligned.

Now I would like to perform some concordance analysis.

My question is:
Is there a corpus analysis tool able to accept a bilingual TMX or TXT as input file and display concordances?
If no, can you suggest some way of converting into acceptable files?

I have been looking already for WordSmith 5.0 and also ParaConc, but apparently none of them handle already aligned bilingual file

Thanks for your answers

Direct link Reply with quote

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:04
German to Spanish
+ ...
Synchroterm Sep 2, 2009

Try with Synchroterm: http://www.bridgeterm.com/synchro_en.asp
However, I should say I tried to upload the GERESP eurolex tmx memory to it and it freezed. I guess this is due to the big size of the TMX file. Maybe you have a better chance. Good luck!

[Editado a las 2009-09-02 12:57 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Corpus Analysis tool: need a bilingual concordancer working on already aligned corpus

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search