How to use provided ini for opening a file in TagEditor if the file openes automatically
Thread poster: Lenka Zamisova
Lenka Zamisova
Lenka Zamisova  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:26
Member (2006)
Spanish to Czech
+ ...
Sep 16, 2009

SDL Trados Freelance 2007
I need to use the provided ini file for opening the provided TagEditor file. Usually, when this is required, it is not possible to open the supported file without previous configuration and aplication of the ini file, but this time the supported TagEditor file opens automatically and I don´t know how to change the configuration for using the provided ini file for the work. Could you help me, please? Thank you in advance.
Lenka

Przemek Roszek
Przemek Roszek
English to Polish
Remove the other INI Sep 16, 2009

1. Start TagEditor without the document. Go to "Tools > Tag Settings..."
2. Click "Open..." button and enter the path to the INI provided by your client and click "Open" button.
3. Find the new added INI on the list in Tag Settings Manager - usually at the very bottom. Check the value in "Root Elements" column.
4. Find the same value in the other rows on the list. Select each such row and click "Remove" button.

From now on, this type of documents will be opened aut
... See more
1. Start TagEditor without the document. Go to "Tools > Tag Settings..."
2. Click "Open..." button and enter the path to the INI provided by your client and click "Open" button.
3. Find the new added INI on the list in Tag Settings Manager - usually at the very bottom. Check the value in "Root Elements" column.
4. Find the same value in the other rows on the list. Select each such row and click "Remove" button.

From now on, this type of documents will be opened automatically with your new INI.

Regards,
Przemek

[Zmieniono 2009-09-16 10:55 GMT]
Collapse

Olivia Guillaume
Olivia Guillaume  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Same problem, but without a previous ini file with the same value Sep 18, 2009

Hi everybody,

I am having the same problem. A client sent me a .xml.ttx file to translate in TagEditor, with the corresponding ini file. I am using Trados 7.5.

First of all, I cannot attach the ini file directly in Workbench as I usually do: when I click on Options\Translation Memory Options\Tools\Tag Settings files\Tag Settings, nothing happens. Usually, a dialog box opens that enables you to choose the ini file you want to set up for the TM from a list, but this time
... See more
Hi everybody,

I am having the same problem. A client sent me a .xml.ttx file to translate in TagEditor, with the corresponding ini file. I am using Trados 7.5.

First of all, I cannot attach the ini file directly in Workbench as I usually do: when I click on Options\Translation Memory Options\Tools\Tag Settings files\Tag Settings, nothing happens. Usually, a dialog box opens that enables you to choose the ini file you want to set up for the TM from a list, but this time the dialog box just doesn't appear on my screen.

So I tried to follow Przemek's tip, which worked very well until step 3. But then I realised that no other ini file in the list has the same value as the one I want to attach.

As a result, the .xml.ttx does open in TagEditor, but the format is all messed up and there is no way I can use it for work.

Could somebody help me please?

Thanks in advance!
Olivia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to use provided ini for opening a file in TagEditor if the file openes automatically

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »