S-Tagger: Do I have to cleanup RTF files after converting into MIF (or is it done automatically)?
Thread poster: Laura Gentili

Laura Gentili  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:35
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 6, 2003

Hi,
Sorry for this stupid question, but when I convert the files into MIF with S-Tagger (after having translated them as normal RTF files in Workbench), do I have to cleanup the RTF files or is this done automatically?
Many thanks.

ITtranslations
Seychelles
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
It is not mandatory. Oct 6, 2003

This is done automatically.

Laura Gentili  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 6, 2003

Thank you for your help!

Judy Rojas  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 01:35
Spanish to English
+ ...
Not mandatory but adivisable Oct 6, 2003

While it is not mandatory to cleanup rtf files before conversion to MIF, it is advisable as a way of checking if you have broken codes, or if you have left a line untranslated.
Also advisable is to run the S-tag verifier to make sure the tags are OK. If they are not S-tagger will give you a neat report with all the damaged/missing tags
Regards,
Ricardo
Laura Gentili wrote:

Hi,
Sorry for this stupid question, but when I convert the files into MIF with S-Tagger (after having translated them as normal RTF files in Workbench), do I have to cleanup the RTF files or is this done automatically?
Many thanks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

S-Tagger: Do I have to cleanup RTF files after converting into MIF (or is it done automatically)?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search