Is systran compatible with Trados and Wordfast on the same PC???
Thread poster: Barbara Baldi

Barbara Baldi  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:48
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 9, 2009

Hello,
I had to install the three programs as it was requested by my customers, but recently Systran make Outlook crash really badly. When I disinstalled it it went back to normal.
Any experience in this respect? Have you heard about any conflicts these three softwares might produce?
Thank you
Barbara Baldi

Direct link Reply with quote

Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:48
Swedish to English
+ ...
Please don't tell me your client requited you to buy Systran from them Nov 9, 2009

There are numerous threads here at proz about a nice little scam involving Systran, this one for example.

If you had the misfortune of buying from this type of client, you're unlikely to receive any real, paid jobs and you might also inadvertently have downloaded some c..p.

Sorry.

Barbara Baldi  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:48
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Aha interesting Nov 10, 2009

Dear Madeleine,
what you said is very interesting as my computer started going funny after I tried to istall systran (offical version which was ok a few months ago). Having said that I did tell them I already had these 2 other CAT and they assured my that I would have paid back in terms of investment as they would have provided me with 4000 words per week.
Thanks for your reply
Barbara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is systran compatible with Trados and Wordfast on the same PC???

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search