https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/15641-preparing_mif_files_in_trados_workspace.html

Preparing MIF files in Trados Workspace
Thread poster: Vauwe
Vauwe
Vauwe
Local time: 00:55
English to German
+ ...
Nov 8, 2003

Do you have any ideas to solve my Trados Workspace problem I posted yesterday. It is very very urgent.
I wanted to prepare FrameMaker (7.0) files for Trados (5). I converted FM to MIF., created a project in Trados Workspace and wanted to convert the files to STF, but nothing happens. I wonder if I did something wrong when creating the project. Do I have to run Workbench in parallel? Do I have to specify a target folder? If so where? The system didn't ask me. I asked Trados, but Trados didn
... See more
Do you have any ideas to solve my Trados Workspace problem I posted yesterday. It is very very urgent.
I wanted to prepare FrameMaker (7.0) files for Trados (5). I converted FM to MIF., created a project in Trados Workspace and wanted to convert the files to STF, but nothing happens. I wonder if I did something wrong when creating the project. Do I have to run Workbench in parallel? Do I have to specify a target folder? If so where? The system didn't ask me. I asked Trados, but Trados didn't ask yet. Please help.

Cheers
Vauwe
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Converting MIF Nov 8, 2003

Sorry, you are not able to convert Framemaker 7.0 MIF with Trados 5 or 5.5
You urgently need Trados 6 - and there is no WorkSpace anymore. Trados 6.0 comes again with a stand alone converter (S-Tagger) for Framemaker.

Kind regards
Jerzy

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
German to Croatian
+ ...
Check the TW users archives Nov 9, 2003

A couple of months ago, I translated some MIF files (created by FrameMaker 6, though) and had found Trados Workspace very useful, because it does everything that is needed for smoothless project handling, once you understand what to click on and what not to click.

Here is an advice related to your problem found in TW Us
... See more
A couple of months ago, I translated some MIF files (created by FrameMaker 6, though) and had found Trados Workspace very useful, because it does everything that is needed for smoothless project handling, once you understand what to click on and what not to click.

Here is an advice related to your problem found in TW Users Yahoo Group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_users/message/20308

You can also search the archives there by typing MIF or Framemaker into the search field.

HTH
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Preparing MIF files in Trados Workspace

Translation news related to CAT tools

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »