Thread poster: María Merrill
María Merrill
María Merrill
United States
Local time: 07:36
English to Spanish
Feb 26, 2010

Hi everybody,

I am working for this new agency, and they trained in the use of Idiom WorldServer Desktop Workbench.
Today they "gave" me my first project for editing. I got an email that said:

... Please note that this is a general email. It is already in Idiom for TEP...

I sent an mail saying that I will take the project, and the PM answered me saying he would pay me by the hour. Everything was fine.

I logged in in Idiom and the Assigme
... See more
Hi everybody,

I am working for this new agency, and they trained in the use of Idiom WorldServer Desktop Workbench.
Today they "gave" me my first project for editing. I got an email that said:

... Please note that this is a general email. It is already in Idiom for TEP...

I sent an mail saying that I will take the project, and the PM answered me saying he would pay me by the hour. Everything was fine.

I logged in in Idiom and the Assigmentes page has no projects or so ever: NOTHING.
"There are no projects assigned to you. Click a project name to view its tasks, which are individual work assignments."
..And right bellow there is just nothing in the project column.

I see, though, that in Tools /Translation Memories, there is a TM for the name of my project. I can´t access the project, though, where is it?

I am missing something? has my PM forget to do something? He is not at the office anymore, and the project in due tomorrow...

Please, help, what can I do to find the project in IDIOM?

Thanks!!!
Collapse

Maya Gorgoshidze
Maya Gorgoshidze  Identity Verified
Georgia
Local time: 18:36
Member (2004)
English to Georgian
+ ...

Hi María, Feb 26, 2010

They should send you the project as wpz file and you should return them XLZ file. If this is your first project, they also should send you instructions.

Kind regards,
Maya

Olaf (X)
Olaf (X)
Local time: 16:36
English to German
They forgot to assign it to you Feb 26, 2010

If you cannot see the project they simply ddn't assign it to you. Othwise you'd have received an automated WS e-mail with a link to the project. You could try to change the display to show all projects for your language(s) if that option hasn't been disabled in your profile. Contact the PM.

Olaf

María Merrill
María Merrill
United States
Local time: 07:36
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks!! Feb 26, 2010

Thanks everybody, by the time I talk to the PM today, I will be much more confident.
Now I know that I just could not do anything, and that somebody forgot to assign the project to me or make it available to me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HELP: No Project in Idiom WorldServer Desktop Workbench

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »