Local time: 01:18
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
May 10, 2010

Hi all,

As far as I can see, there is no way of doing a QA check in the XBench 2.8 beta of an ongoing translation when the file format is .txml (WordFast Pro) (or am I missing something?)

I'll be very grateful for any suggestions on how to do such check.

Many thanks in advance,
Natalia

Sara Pisano
Sara Pisano  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Workaround May 11, 2010

Hi Natalie,

It looks like the new beta version doesn't support Wordfast .txml files. However, it does support Wordfast memories. Have you considered creating a new memory, importing the ongoing translation only, and check that instead? I know, it's just a workaround and not a solution, but at least you should be able to carry out the QA.

Maybe what I have suggested is not new to you

Best,
... See more
Hi Natalie,

It looks like the new beta version doesn't support Wordfast .txml files. However, it does support Wordfast memories. Have you considered creating a new memory, importing the ongoing translation only, and check that instead? I know, it's just a workaround and not a solution, but at least you should be able to carry out the QA.

Maybe what I have suggested is not new to you

Best,

sara
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Sara May 11, 2010

Of course, I noticed that it supports the WF memories. However, I didn't try to check the imported TMs. Thank you for the suggestion, I'll try, it's better than nothing. My problem is that I have a series of large WF files (20 x ~2300 segments each), so I would like to facilitate the checking process as much as possible.

Natalia

Z Hann Cifuentes
Z Hann Cifuentes  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
Xbench support for Wordfast PRO Nov 15, 2011

I know this is an old thread, but the latest Xbench supports txml files now.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
I know, thanks! Nov 15, 2011

I use this option a few times per day.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

APSIC XBench and QA check of .txml files

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »