Thread poster: Hepburn

Hepburn  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:19
English to French
+ ...
Jun 28, 2010

Hi,

Could somone help and advise me about getting some PPT files into a word document. I had heard once that it was possible, but cannot retrieve the information. (there was some magic way of opening first (or second a Word file, then (or before the PPT file and something to do with Wordfast to make the text appear by magic on the Word doc...)
I have downloaded a software calle PPT helper, but cannot get the memory to work with it. It is a Wordfast memory.

I would be very grateful for any advice on the matter.

Anticipated thanks,

Claudette

Direct link Reply with quote

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Werecat Jun 28, 2010

Hi Claudette,

Werecat is a template for MS Word to help Wordfast users. Red Werecat extracts text from PowerPoint to Word. Blue Werecat extracts text from textboxes and similar objects (shapes) from Word documents.

You can download Werecat here.

Alternatively, you can use Wordfast Pro.

Kind regards,
Attila

[Edited at 2010-06-28 15:00 GMT]

Hepburn  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Werecat/Wordfast pro for PPT Jun 28, 2010

Thank you Attila!

I have got Wordfast Pro, but am so familiar with Wordfast Classic that I have always dragged my feet at the thought of getting to use it. Of course, now that I need it, I will also need time...sigh.

What do you think is better, i.e. quicker: getting used to Werecat or to Wordfast Pro?

Claudette

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with Powerpoint

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search