Translation Office 3000 -Help with using CATcount ...
Thread poster: Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer

Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:27
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Sep 5, 2010

I recently purchased TO3000 (Translation Office 3000) and was wondering if someone could give me a few pointers about how to bill jobs with so-called CAT counts, etc.

For example, when you have a job with X% Repetitions, and X% Non Repetitions, how do you go about fitting this into the system using CATcount, etc?

Thanks!

Michael

Direct link Reply with quote

Claire Cox
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Set up separate prices for repetitions Sep 6, 2010

I have separate prices set up (under Settings/Services and then Client Prices) in TO-3000 for 100% matches/repetitions for each client, so I just make two entries for each job - text with no discount and discounted text. I either use the client's count or Wordfast's own count and use those figures in TO-3000. I hope that's what you mean.

Jabberwock  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 03:27
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Settings Sep 6, 2010

It would be helpful if you told us which CAT you want to use it with and what rate matrix do you want to apply (no need to give particular rates, just the percentage ranges).

Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
memoQ/ Sep 6, 2010

Hi Jabberwock,

I work in memoQ. For the client I am working on setting up now, for example, I only have two percentage ranges, Repetitions, and No Matches. Two rates. I think I figured it out though. I just made a percentage out of the rate (in €/word) and used it for the Repetitions in the CATcount tool. It seems to work. Unless I am missing something. I didn't set up separate prices for each job as Claire mentioned.

Michael

Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
That's basically it Sep 7, 2010

If you have just two-tier rate structure, both ways (yours and Claire's) work fine.

I personally found the manual entry of values into CatCount too tedious (automatic log entry is possible only with old Trados). That is why I have prepared an Excel file with percentages set - I just paste the result of the MemoQ analysis into the sheet and it gives me the weighted wordcount for the job.

AIT-Software
Local time: 04:27
English
CATCount Sep 7, 2010

Hello everybody!

Actually CATCount can automatically process not only old Trados logs, but the ones from Logoport and Trados 2009. Also there is a way to import memoQ statistics into CATCount as though memoQ allows to export into Trados-compatible CSV.

The procedure is as follows:

1) Select Operations > Statistics from MemoQ menu
2) Select “Trados-like” in the Wordcount selection box and click Calculate button
3) Click Export button and select “CSV (per file, Trados compatible)”
4) Save this file to required location.
5) Run CATCount and load file of statistics, using Load command from Log menu in CATCount.

Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Sorry! Sep 7, 2010

I apologize for spreading misinformation, then!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Office 3000 -Help with using CATcount ...

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search