Thread poster: Regina Freitag

Regina Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:08
English to German
+ ...
Sep 15, 2010

Dear colleagues,

I wonder if anyone could give me some advice on how to fix my Trados 7 Freelance on a laptop with Windows Vista.
The weird thing is that it used to work fine, and tag editor still works, but if I try Trados on a normal word file, I always get the message "end of paragraph not found".
Once, I opened excel files in tag editor and had some problems then, but after repairing trados, it worked.
But nothing will help to fix Trados in word files, which is very frustrating. Any advice would be great.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Regina

[Edited at 2010-09-15 12:15 GMT]

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:08
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
This is not a Trados problem Sep 15, 2010

Please check in Word, if you are not trying to edit a field or a sentence containing field.
Check also, if after the sentence you want to translate a paragraph mark appears.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados stopped working on Windows Vista

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search