Idiom WorldServer Desktop Workbench cannot create project!
Thread poster: Emel Kurt
Emel Kurt
Emel Kurt
Türkiye
Local time: 18:49
English to Turkish
+ ...
Oct 30, 2010

Hi all,

I am having difficulty in creating an Idiom project. I have an .xlz kit to translate plus a TM (.wstm) and a TB (.wstd). I open the .xlz with Idiom, point to the TM and TB to be used with (selecting "add entries to an existing translation memory/term database" option) but it gives me the error "An error occurred while importing. Error loading type library/DLL".

I changed the path for the project to be created, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Idiom but it didn
... See more
Hi all,

I am having difficulty in creating an Idiom project. I have an .xlz kit to translate plus a TM (.wstm) and a TB (.wstd). I open the .xlz with Idiom, point to the TM and TB to be used with (selecting "add entries to an existing translation memory/term database" option) but it gives me the error "An error occurred while importing. Error loading type library/DLL".

I changed the path for the project to be created, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Idiom but it didn't help.

Does anybody know why this happens?
Collapse

Klaus Lauble
Klaus Lauble  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:49
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Similar problem solved Oct 30, 2010

Hi Emel,

I had a similar problem once. I received a new job and wanted to import the new content into an existing TM. If I remember correctly, I got a similar error message. In case you can do with the existing TM, you might be able to create the new project accepting the suggested path for TM and glossary in the project setup. If you have received the TM with this job, this should be ok, since the TM and glossary are included in the xlz kit anyhow. (You can also see this if you ope
... See more
Hi Emel,

I had a similar problem once. I received a new job and wanted to import the new content into an existing TM. If I remember correctly, I got a similar error message. In case you can do with the existing TM, you might be able to create the new project accepting the suggested path for TM and glossary in the project setup. If you have received the TM with this job, this should be ok, since the TM and glossary are included in the xlz kit anyhow. (You can also see this if you open the xlz file in a Zip program.)

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Klaus
Collapse

Emel Kurt
Emel Kurt
Türkiye
Local time: 18:49
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks... Oct 30, 2010

Hi Klaus,

I have already tried accepting the suggested path but it didn't help either. I contacted the client and they sent me the TM in .tmx format, so I can work in Memoq now. It also opens xlz files.

Thank you for your interest.

Regards,
Emel.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Idiom WorldServer Desktop Workbench cannot create project!

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »