finite-field
finite-field
Local time: 05:17
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Open a new tab on Chrome Feb 9, 2011

Samuel Murray wrote:

finite-field wrote:
In order to use Isometry, you have to use Google Chrome as a web browser.
And please install Isomtry on Chrome Web Store.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ofpplbnbgolaannppkgaojbegonjhead

I installed it a month ago, but now when I go to the web site, I can find no buttons or links to start it. Where must I click to start using it?

First, open a new tab on Chrome and you will see your installed web apps. Click Isometry and you go to Isometry web app at http://isometry.finite-field.com.

If you do not see anything on the web site, then, please refresh the web site. Maybe there is an old cache on your Chrome.

After that,
If you have not created a document, press [Create Document] Button.
If you created a document, click it on [My Docs] tab.

Please see the help site.
http://www.finite-field.com/isometry-2-0/help

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 22:17
Italian to German
+ ...
Need additional help Aug 1, 2011

Hi Toshiya,

intuitively I think that your CAT tool Isometry is a great one, but the provided online help doesn't allow me to use it.
For example, the few keyboard shortcuts provided in your help are surely not complete, also it would be nice if you could explain what the different windows do (I have to guess) and how to rapidely move text into the target box.

For instance:
- is it possible to copy source segment to target segment with a shortcut?
- H
... See more
Hi Toshiya,

intuitively I think that your CAT tool Isometry is a great one, but the provided online help doesn't allow me to use it.
For example, the few keyboard shortcuts provided in your help are surely not complete, also it would be nice if you could explain what the different windows do (I have to guess) and how to rapidely move text into the target box.

For instance:
- How do you apply a TM match?
- Where is my termbase loaded (tab-separated)? It will not show in any window
- If the termbase shows up (how?), how will you get terms into the target segment?

I probably still have many questions not mentioned in your help files, I'm very patient, but I cannot make endless try-and-error operations to find out.

Thank you for providing this CAT tool, I feel the great effort you did.

Mike
Collapse

finite-field
finite-field
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
I will add help Aug 2, 2011

Hi, Mike

Thank you for trying Isometry.
I will add more help.

And here are answers to your questions.
* Not now. I will add this shortcut in the next deploy.

* Click a fuzzy-matched sentence and click "Copy".

* First, you have to add
... See more
Hi, Mike

Thank you for trying Isometry.
I will add more help.

And here are answers to your questions.
* Not now. I will add this shortcut in the next deploy.

* Click a fuzzy-matched sentence and click "Copy".

* First, you have to add termbase document to an environment. And use that environment in the workbench. Then, click "Environment" in the workbench menu bar. And click the termbase document. You will see the termbase document in the right below in the tab "Doc".

- If the termbase shows up (how?), how will you get terms into the target segment?
* Click a term and click "Copy".

Toshiya Kazuyoshi
Collapse

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 22:17
Italian to German
+ ...
Thanks... Aug 2, 2011

Hi Toshiya,

thank you for your responses. I've read again the "Workbench" section which in fact explains the Window layout. With your additional informations I can now get started.

I've also taken a look at your previous version 1.0.6, which I find very good for translating pure txt files. In fact, I'm even more interested in this version, as you can start working faster.
However, when I open the application, I always get a message window "There is a invalid shor
... See more
Hi Toshiya,

thank you for your responses. I've read again the "Workbench" section which in fact explains the Window layout. With your additional informations I can now get started.

I've also taken a look at your previous version 1.0.6, which I find very good for translating pure txt files. In fact, I'm even more interested in this version, as you can start working faster.
However, when I open the application, I always get a message window "There is a invalid shortucut key" and I've noticed that the shortcuts won't work (also CTRL-N, CTRL-8 when the cursor is in the target segment). I then have edited the shortcuts with "Customize shortcut keys", changed any "oem" shortcuts to "none", still the error message remains when I reopen Isometry. Any ideas?

I translate mainly from English to German, not in Japanese: apart chosing my language, must I chose special settings in the "Detail Settings" menu?

Thanks a lot for another feedback!
Mike
Collapse

finite-field
finite-field
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Concentrating on Version 2.0 Aug 4, 2011

Hello, Mike

I'm sorry but I am now concentrating on developing version 2.0.
I know the older version is similar to other CAT tools. So it is easier to understand how to use it.

The main point to understand vesion 2.0 is how to use Environment.

And the new version is much faster.

So I stopped supporting older versions.

Thank you for your understanding.

Toshiya Kazuyoshi

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Web-based free CAT tool Isometry 2.0 is published

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »