Lionbridge Translation Workspace: can't log in Word client
Thread poster: Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
German to English
+ ...
Feb 7, 2011

I'm using Lionbridge's Translation Workspace. TWP users will be familiar with the Word interface. I can't seem to connect in the TWS Word client. I enter the login details (username, password, tenancy) and get the ff error message: "Can't connect to the server translate.translationworkspace.com at port 80".

I have Windows XP, Office 2002 on a PC. I've downloaded the latest Translation Workspace client v. 2.93. I am not going through any proxy server/NAT. I did the recommended login
... See more
I'm using Lionbridge's Translation Workspace. TWP users will be familiar with the Word interface. I can't seem to connect in the TWS Word client. I enter the login details (username, password, tenancy) and get the ff error message: "Can't connect to the server translate.translationworkspace.com at port 80".

I have Windows XP, Office 2002 on a PC. I've downloaded the latest Translation Workspace client v. 2.93. I am not going through any proxy server/NAT. I did the recommended login troubleshooting steps (trace route to server, ping) and get a clear connection. What's odd is that I can log into the Web interface using the same login details.

Is there something in Word that I would need to change? Security settings, for example?
Collapse

Thomas Dihrberg
Thomas Dihrberg  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:28
Spanish to German
+ ...
Login problem Feb 7, 2011

Hi Marcus,

do you have any programs running at the same time? Port 80 is used for example by Skype and even if running in background you must shut it down totally in order to be able to work with another program using port 80.

rgds, Thomas

Marcus Malabad
Canada
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Skype Feb 8, 2011

Hi Thomas,
Yes, Skype was running in the background. I logged out and closed it altogether but that didn't help either. I also set my macro security to medium. Nothing has helped yet.
M

Adam Łobatiuk
Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Windows Services Feb 8, 2011

Hi Marcus,

I stay away from TWB for a number of reasons, but I used to have similar problems with Logoport. If I remember correctly, the culprit was a Windows service that was disabled (I may have disabled it myself for bettter system performance). I can't remember what it was exactly, but it had to have something to do with networking and/or authentication. Try going through the list of your Windows services and enabling those that are disabled or changing manual to automatic.

Marcus Malabad
Canada
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Windows services Feb 8, 2011

Hi Adam,
Thanks for the reply! Where can I find these Windows services?
M

Adam Łobatiuk
Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Services Feb 8, 2011

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.

You can sort them by the StartUp Type column and see which are disabled.

Marcus Malabad
Canada
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Norton Scan Mar 29, 2011

Running a Norton 360 scan solves all issues

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lionbridge Translation Workspace: can't log in Word client

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »