A. Deb
A. Deb  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:17
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 29, 2004

Hello

I have some sgml files that I have translated. My client now wants the original files in Word format. I translated the files using TRADOS 5.5 (Freelance) and thought it might be possible to use the "preview source" option, cut the text and copy into Word. The problem here is that the cut option is not available in "preview source".

Does anyone have any suggestions. I know that my idea isn't even the best, because when you preview the source, you only get unf
... See more
Hello

I have some sgml files that I have translated. My client now wants the original files in Word format. I translated the files using TRADOS 5.5 (Freelance) and thought it might be possible to use the "preview source" option, cut the text and copy into Word. The problem here is that the cut option is not available in "preview source".

Does anyone have any suggestions. I know that my idea isn't even the best, because when you preview the source, you only get unformatted text. I'm sure there must be a more efficient and professional way of doing this.

Thanks.

Ana
Collapse

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 05:17
German
+ ...
Say what? Mar 30, 2004

You got SGML files for translation and now they want the formatted output in Word? Somebody doesn't know their own files there at your client's. If anybody can do that thing, it's the client.
They give SGML to you, they get SGML back. You can "Select All" in TagEditor and paste that in an empty Word doc, though - if that's what they want.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Converting .sgm files to word.

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »