Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:06
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Jul 14, 2011

G'day everyone

A client sent me EDB files and a LocStudio 4 installer, but I already have LocStudio 6 on my computer. There is no uninstaller for it, and LocStudio 4 refuses to install while the later version is present. Naturally LocStudio 6 can't open the EDB files. Does anyone know how I can either make the two versions live on the same computer, or how to uninstall version 6?

I'm on Windows XP SP2.

Thanks
Samuel

Direct link Reply with quote

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 01:06
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Windows Installer Cleanup Jul 14, 2011

I was planning to suggest Windows Installer Cleanup utility (MSICUU2.exe), which was suggested by SDL support several times in the forums but now I see that this tool is no more supported by Microsoft. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

What about using another free tool, such as CCleaner.

Selcuk

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to uninstall LocStudio 6

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search