Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Which CAT-Tools support multiple files?
Thread poster: Christel Zipfel
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Poster's request
EKNXTM
EKNXTM
Local time: 15:48
Multiple files, the easiest way possible Sep 19, 2011

Hi there.

The XTM Cloud file upload process supports the upload of multiple files at once, simply place them in a .zip folder and select this during the translation project creation stage. You can then translate them easily on line. The
... See more
Hi there.

The XTM Cloud file upload process supports the upload of multiple files at once, simply place them in a .zip folder and select this during the translation project creation stage. You can then translate them easily on line. The files can be of any type listed here http://www.xtm-intl.com/files/content/xtm/resources/XTM%20Technical%20Specs%205.5.pdf and be of any size.

If you have some time I can show you how it works in XTM Cloud.

All the best,
Elliot
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 17:48
English to Turkish
+ ...
Definitely DVX Oct 14, 2011

Christel Zipfel wrote:

Some time ago, I have used Déjà Vu for a trial period for a similar project and I loved it! I found it's very comfortable and easy to use, but too expensive (the pro version) for my actual needs, as such multiple files projects happen not more often than every once in a while.

I think I'll have a look into OmegaT.

All CAT tools have some good unique features, but when it comes to translating multiple files (and with multiple formats), I don't think any other CAT tool can compete with Déjà Vu X. You can either work in the project itself (what other CAT tools call a "View") or open and translate any single file - all translations are propagated. You can easily join/split segments in the project or in any of the files. That is not possible in memoQ, you have to close the View and go back to the original file to join/split segments and then create a new View.

I think the Professional version of DVX2 is quite affordable at the moment, see http://www.proz.com/tgb/541 for the latest TGB.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which CAT-Tools support multiple files?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »