Help needed! TM export - ASAP please help!
Thread poster: Djudja Freelancer

Djudja Freelancer
Croatia
Local time: 10:43
English to Croatian
Aug 24, 2011

Hello!

I am a complete beginner and I got my first task from the agency for editing. They ask me for the TM export.
They sent me already translated word file and ask me to send them back cleaned word file after editing and TM export. I know that TM is translation memory and I'm very confused. Word file is already translated by third party, I done proofreading and now I don't know how to create TM and I don't know what exactly it means.

I just installed SDL. I don't know if TM SDL is related to their requirement.

Can you help me?

Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxjapoole
Local time: 09:43
TMExport Sep 13, 2011

Hi There,

Here is a quick guide to completing this task:

1/ Open Translators Workbench (SDL Trados), and and create a new translation memory for the required language pair.
2/ Select Tools > Cleanup
3/ Drag the bilinugual (unclean) file into the files section, set a location for your log file, and press cleanup

At this point, some errors may occur, if this happens, please drop a copy of the error message into this post and will see if I can talk you through it.

4/ Close the cleanup window, and then (still in workbench) select Tools > Export
5/ Ensure that your export format is TMX1.4 or TMX1.4b and run.

The TMX (Translation Memory Exchange) export format can (in theory) be passed between different CAT tools, and so this should be acceptable to the client regardless of the software they use.

Hope this helps.

Regards
JP

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help needed! TM export - ASAP please help!

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search