Translation workspace tab not in Word ribbon
Thread poster: Christiane Boyle

Christiane Boyle  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:25
English to German
Dec 21, 2011

Hi all, I've just upgraded to Office 2010 on a new computer, and I'm trying to install the Translation Workspace Word client. Installation was supposedly successful, and according to the TW Word Plug-in help, a Translation Workspace tab should appear on my Word 2010 ribbon. It hasn't. I've located the option to manually add templates and add-ins, but I can't find any relevant Workspace for Word templates on my hard drive.
Any installation suggestions would be appreciated.
Kind regards,
Chris Boyle

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxPzit
English to Italian
Look for the real, full add-in name Dec 21, 2011

Hello Christiane,
best thing is to look for the add-in file on your hard drive first. I don't know what that is, but it *should* have a .dotm extension. Or it might be called "TWInit" as suggested by a translator in this thread:

http://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/169741-another_translation_workspace_upgrade_problem.html

By the way, the best thing about that thread are the negative comments about the tool. Some are remarkably nasty

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful but... by judging by every single proz thread about Translation Workspace (every single one! no exceptions), using that tool means looking for trouble...

English to German
TOPIC STARTER
One issue solved, next one in progress Dec 21, 2011

Hi Stefano,

thanks for your reply! The template WorkspaceForWord.dotm is now installed (that worked after re-installing TW with the option "For current user only" checked, instead of "All users"). But now I get a "Compile error in hidden module" message in Word. The add-in is enabled, macros in Word are enabled, too. Before I delve into the mystic world of Visual Basic for dummies, would you have any idea on how to solve this?

Kind regards,
Chris

xxxPzit
English to Italian
Sorry I have to pass on this one Dec 21, 2011

Sorry, no, my interest in VB has long gone dry! The error you report is so generic it might mean anything. Anything!

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:25
Finnish to French
Do you have a 64-bit version of Word 2010? Dec 21, 2011

Christiane Boyle wrote:
The template WorkspaceForWord.dotm is now installed (that worked after re-installing TW with the option "For current user only" checked, instead of "All users"). But now I get a "Compile error in hidden module" message in Word. The add-in is enabled, macros in Word are enabled, too. Before I delve into the mystic world of Visual Basic for dummies, would you have any idea on how to solve this?

I managed to find a copy of WorkspaceForWord.dotm on a Chinese site (by just googling the file name) and I got the same compile error as you. I'm running the 64-bit version of Word 2010 and it's quite possible it's the cause of the problem. Many macros have to be modified in order to run on a 64-bit version of Word (prior to Office 2010, Office was always 32-bit only).

I'm able to load WorkspaceForWord.dotm in Word 2003 (which is 32-bit), but I get a run-time error 53 File not found: Logoport.dll. Obviously, Translation Workspace doesn't consist of just the .dotm: it includes other files that are missing from my system.

English to German
TOPIC STARTER
32 bit version of Word 2010 works fine Dec 22, 2011

Hi Dominique,

thanks for looking into this. You were right, the 64-bit version is the issue. I now have the 32-bit version of Office 2010 installed, and Translation Workspace works fine (as it used to do with Office 2003). Thanks for your suggestion!
Geoworkz helpdesk came back, too, and confirmed. The Word client plug-in only works with 32-bit Word. They also advised me to have macros disabled (I had enabled them, following an MS Word suggestion to help solve the issue).

Have a great festive season!
Chris

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation workspace tab not in Word ribbon

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search