Urgent Help Transuite 2000 Cypresoft
Thread poster: Ana Candida de Carvalho Carneiro
Ana Candida de Carvalho Carneiro
Brazil
Local time: 07:16
English to Portuguese
Jun 2, 2004

I have to translate an Acrobat file. Does Transuit have a filter for it? Do I have to download it!

Direct link Reply with quote

Intergraf  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:16
Spanish to English
+ ...
You'll have to extract the text or OCR the file... Jun 3, 2004

Ana Candida de Carvalho Carneiro wrote:

I have to translate an Acrobat file. Does Transuit have a filter for it? Do I have to download it!

As far as I know, it does not have a filter for importing .PDF format files directly. You\'ll have to extract the text in order to translate it.

ScanSoft has a program that will do that for you: \"PDF Converter is the world\'s No.1 selling solution for instantly turning PDF files into Microsoft Word documents and forms that you can easily edit - complete with text, columns, tables and graphics.\" http://www.scansoft.co.uk/pdfconverter/standard/

Word of warning: If the PDF file is a graphic image instead of text, then PDF Converter can\'t help you, and you\'ll have to use an OCR program like ABBYY Fine Reader or OmniPage (more expensive than ABBYY).

ABBYY Fine Reader: \"The new software delivers significant improvements in word accuracy and format retention, new ease-of-use features, added saving options, plus PDF conversion. The new software delivers significant improvements in word accuracy and format retention, new ease-of-use features, added saving options, plus PDF conversion.\" http://www.abbyy.com/finereader7/?param=1615

Good luck!

T.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent Help Transuite 2000 Cypresoft

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search