Idiom error: the .xlz file you're attempting to open contains limited information
Thread poster: Nathalie Suteau

Nathalie Suteau
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:56
English to French
Feb 1, 2012

Hello,

I received an .xlz from my customer and when I open it I get the following message "the .xlz you're attemting to open contains limited information. Would you like to continue?".

I click "yes" and I have no TD and no TM, the rest is fine. What should I do? I never had this issue with a .wpz. I used the 9.0.1.60 version.

Thanks a lot!

Nathalie

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:56
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Normal Feb 2, 2012

artfully wrote:
I received an .xlz from my customer and when I open it I get the following message "the .xlz you're attemting to open contains limited information. Would you like to continue?".

It is not an error message but an informational message.

I suspect your XLZ file was created using a translator's desktop Idiom version, so it contains only the translatable text and no TM or glossaries. XLZ files created by an agency's version of Idiom sometimes does contain TMs and glossaries. If another translator wants to share work with you and he wants to share the TM and glossaries too, he should export a WPZ file.

Perhaps your contact is unaware of this -- ask him. It could be that he doesn't care for TMs and glossaries.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Idiom error: the .xlz file you're attempting to open contains limited information

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search