Piero Intonti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:12
Italian to English
+ ...
Feb 14, 2012

Hello, everybody.
I would like your help.
I began to use Trados Studio 2011. I would like to know if there is a tool on the market which can help the last translation step, i.e. the editing/proofreading, a tool with which I can speed the layout of the text translated.
Thanks a lot for your suggestions.
Piero Intonti

Oscar Martin
Oscar Martin
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Tools for improving editing or proofreading Feb 14, 2012

Hi Piero,

You can try ApSIC Xbench. Xbench is an integrated reference tool aimed to provide a clear and structured view of the terminology of any translation project. It supports a great number of input formats.

You can get more info and download the software from their site: http://www.apsic.com/en/products_xbench.html.

Regards,

Oscar

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
What's missing? Feb 15, 2012

Hi Piero,

I'd be interested to know what's missing that you're looking for... might help people point you in the right direction and it would be interesting for me to understand what you can't do with Studio or some of the existing OpenExchange Applications.

Thanks

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tools for improving editing or proofreading - suggestions needed

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »