Thread poster: Samuel Murray

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:28
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Mar 23, 2012

G'day everyone

After I've installed Idiom afresh, when I try to launch it, it gives me this error message:

Corrupted Desktop Workbench settings file "C:\ProgramData\Idiom Technologies, Inc.\Idiom WorldServer Desktop Workbench\\settings.dvset".

Does anyone know where I can download a non-corrupted settings.dvset file?

Direct link Reply with quote

Maggie di Paola  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:28
English to Spanish
+ ...
SAME PROBLEM May 9, 2013

Dear Samuel,

I encounter the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Daria Khvostova  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:28
English to Russian
+ ...
If you face this error too.. Nov 20, 2013

If you get this error, you just need to have Idiom installed on a PC with Window XP. In my case, I used MS Virtual PC and a virtual machine with WinXP SP3. There's no other way to solve this problem.

Good luck =)

[Edited at 2013-11-20 17:31 GMT]

I solve the problem under windows 7 May 15, 2014

After same tests I solve this problem. Just copy the settings.dvset file from another computer with windows 7 and working idiom over your corrupted file.

Hope it works for you

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Corrupted settings.dvset in Idiom

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search