How can I know word count on Loc Studio?
Thread poster: Abdelhady Hamid

Abdelhady Hamid  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 13:40
Member (2012)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Apr 14, 2012

Dear Translators
It is the first time to translate on Locstudio so I need your help. first, I want to know how can I get the word count. Second, after translation, How can I get the translated file cleaned in a word file or excel, is it available?

Please I really need your help

Thank you

Direct link Reply with quote

Yigit Ati  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 14:40
English to Turkish
+ ...
Wordcount Apr 14, 2012

Hi Abdel,

Click on the root of your edb and Open translation, then select the column to be translated. From the main menu click on Addins - Statistics. You will see wordcount at the bottom of the screen.

Yigit

Abdelhady Hamid  Identity Verified
Egypt
Member (2012)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Apr 14, 2012

Thank you friend

I appreciate your efforts more. But Can you tell me if it is possible to convert the target into Excel or word?

Waiting your reply

Oleg Karnaushenko  Identity Verified
Ukraine
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
CSV or TXT Apr 15, 2012

Select your segments, like you have done for counting the statistics and click Software - Export Software to CSV.
Or just select cells in Locstudio, copy them to clipboard and paste in Excel or Word.

Hope it helps

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I know word count on Loc Studio?

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search