Thread poster: Pablo Bouvier
Pablo Bouvier
Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:57
German to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 3, 2004

Hi all,

I am a newbee to SDLX, even I a using Trados and Wordfast many years ago. I have done my first check with SDLX and I can't see teh graphics, neither in the original nor in the target text.

I believe it has an utility to copy this grahpics from the original to the target text like Trados end Wordfast, but what if no graphics are displayed on the window?
I did a look to the help en didn't found anything about. Thanks in advance for your help!

P
... See more
Hi all,

I am a newbee to SDLX, even I a using Trados and Wordfast many years ago. I have done my first check with SDLX and I can't see teh graphics, neither in the original nor in the target text.

I believe it has an utility to copy this grahpics from the original to the target text like Trados end Wordfast, but what if no graphics are displayed on the window?
I did a look to the help en didn't found anything about. Thanks in advance for your help!

Paul Bouvier
Collapse

00000000 (X)
00000000 (X)
English to French
+ ...
It's stripped Jul 4, 2004

As far as I know, SDLX strips everything but the extractable text to translate when it creates the itd file. If you need to see the graphics to understand what you're translating, just open your original document with the proper application. SDLX will restore everything in its right place when you choose to create a translation (under File). You can also preview the translation with its restored graphics using the Preview Translation command under File.

Best,
Esther

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
inline graphics replaced by red marker Jul 4, 2004

If by graphics you mean icons and such that may appear within sentences, these will be replaced by a red marker (a red vertical bar, |) in SDLX's window, both in the original and in the target text.
In the target text, you can move them by using the format paint tool: select the format paint tool (looks like a paint brush), clic on the red marker in the original text, then clic where it should appear in the target text.

HtH,
Roberta

Pablo Bouvier
Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDLX: Missing Jul 4, 2004

Thanks Esther and Roberta!
Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX: Graphics missing

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »