Mette Hansen
Mette Hansen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 11:28
Member (2002)
English to Danish
+ ...
Jun 17, 2012

I have just finished (my very first) translation using POedit, and I'm reluctant to send it back to the client without spellchecking it first.
Can anyone help?
Sincerely,
Mette (Danish translator)

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:28
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Virtaal, or HTML export Jun 17, 2012

Allround wrote:
I have just finished (my very first) translation using POedit, and I'm reluctant to send it back to the client without spellchecking it first.

Virtaal is also a free PO viewer/editor, and it has spellchecking abilities. You can open your translated PO file in Virtaal and spellcheck it. Unfortunately Virtaal only spell-checks inline, and not interactively, and only the active segment.

Or... I'm under the impression that PoEdit can export to HTML (it can't import it back again, though). So you can then open the HTML export in e.g. MS Word and spell-check the target text column.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spell-check in POedit

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »