milena ferrante
milena ferrante  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:00
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 27, 2012

Hi all,

do you know if there is a shortcut to curly apostrophe and quotes in Idiom Worldserver without copying and pasting from the Character Map?

Thanks in advance!

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
I use a script Aug 27, 2012

milena ferrante wrote:
Do you know if there is a shortcut to curly apostrophe and quotes in Idiom Worldserver without copying and pasting from the Character Map?

I use a little script I wrote:
http://wikisend.com/download/728066/idiomhotkeys_v4.zip

The readme file says:

==

Quick keyboard shortcuts for users of Idiom Desktop who need to type certain characters.

Shift+Ctrl+Space = non-breaking space (e.g. between digits and SI symbols, "5 cm")
Alt+Ctrl+fullstop = ellipsis (...)
Ctrl+NumMinus = en-dash, and also Ctrl+hyphen = en-dash

Ctrl+( = single opening quote
Ctrl+) = single closing quote (or curly apostrophe)
Ctrl+Shift+( = double opening quote
Ctrl+Shift+) = double closing quote

The non-breaking space does not work in a browser text field.

To exit the program or to disable the shortcuts, click the round blue icon in the system tray.

==

There is no virus -- but if you don't believe me, download an install AutoIt and run the "au3" file instead of the "exe" file.

Let me know of this works for you. I also use this script in MS Word, but it only works in MS Word if you have smart cut/paste disabled. Note: the script uses your clipboard.

Samuel

milena ferrante
milena ferrante  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Wow Aug 27, 2012

Thanks Samuel, I will download and try and let you know but this will be later on...you just need to wait a few days but Thanksss!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Curly apostrophe and quotes in Idiom Worldserver

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »