Creating a universal termbase
Thread poster: Kieran Sheehan

Kieran Sheehan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:48
Member (2008)
German to English
Mar 27, 2013

I recently saw it recommended somewhere that one should create a universal termbase for all the terminology one has and use filters depending on the project at hand. Now, I don't think I'm so different from most translators in that I find this task somewhat daunting. I have all kinds of terminology in all kinds of forms scattered on various PCs, sometimes as actual Multiterm TBs, sometimes as Excel or Txt word lists. I would therefore appreciate any tips or suggestions (do's and don'ts) on consolidating all one's terminology in a single termbase, and especially on how to get started, which index and text fields are mandatory and which are not, etc.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creating a universal termbase

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search