mk_lab  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 15:46
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Sep 28, 2004

Dear colleagues,

I have translated bilingual file for review in SDLX's .itd format. I dont have SDLX installed on my computer. Please advice me, how I can open it (or convert into any text or Trados formats). If it's not possible, may be I can use demo-version of SDLX downloaded from their Web-site? Is this demo-version able to open and save .itd files and/or convert them into other formats?

Thank you!

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:46
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Demo version works without any restriction for 30 days Sep 28, 2004

You can use the demo of SDLX without any limitation for 30 days.
This will be the best way in your case.

Regards
Jerzy

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
SDL Exchange Sep 28, 2004

mk_lab wrote:

Dear colleagues,

I have translated bilingual file for review in SDLX's .itd format. I dont have SDLX installed on my computer. Please advice me, how I can open it (or convert into any text or Trados formats). If it's not possible, may be I can use demo-version of SDLX downloaded from their Web-site? Is this demo-version able to open and save .itd files and/or convert them into other formats?

Thank you!

Those who gave you these files should have used the free SDL Exchange utility to convert to Trados format, so that you can review in TagEditor. Conversion works both ways, i.e. TTX to ITD too.

HTH

Piotr

mk_lab
Ukraine
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jerzy Sep 28, 2004

Thank you Jerzy! I've started to download SDLX Lite 2004. It would be the chance for me to compare SDLX with Trados and Wordfast.

Wojciech Froelich
Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
SDLX Lite Sep 28, 2004

mk_lab wrote:

Thank you Jerzy! I've started to download SDLX Lite 2004. It would be the chance for me to compare SDLX with Trados and Wordfast.

Bad choice. You can use SDLX Lite only for .itd files created with SDLX Elite edition. Download regular SDLX 2004 version - it will work for 30 days.

Wojtek

mk_lab
Ukraine
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDLX Lite works Sep 28, 2004

Fortunatelly downloaded SDLX 2004 Lite works fine with my file. But I've downloaded also regular version of SDLX 2004.

Thanks all for your kind advices!

[Edited at 2004-09-28 20:45]

anniuss
anniuss
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
i need help with a itd. file May 12, 2007

As I have seen itd files are opened with SDLX.
I have been sent a itd file to be translated and I have not got SDLX installed and I do not know where to find a demo version. Please, could you please tell me where to find it, or what should I do!
I should have the translation done by monday..
answer to me to: [email protected]

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Simple Google saerch May 12, 2007

"SDLX Lite download"

and clicking on the very first return:
http://www.sdl.com/products-home/downloads-sdlx-lite.htm

HTH,

Uldis

anniuss wrote:

As I have seen itd files are opened with SDLX.
I have been sent a itd file to be translated and I have not got SDLX installed and I do not know where to find a demo version. Please, could you please tell me where to find it, or what should I do!
I should have the translation done by monday..
answer to me to: [email protected]

David Turner
David Turner  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Another alternative Jun 1, 2007

mk_lab wrote:

Dear colleagues,

Thank you!

You could also use Déjà Vu DVX. The latest release supports SDLX .itd files directly. Unlike SDLX or TagEditor, you can open several .itd files at the same time and view, sort and filter them as if they were one file, which is handy for reviewing and proofreading.
A fully-functional 30-day trial version is available.

Regards,

David Turner

mk_lab
Ukraine
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you David Jun 1, 2007

Thank you David!

As for me DejaVu is the best CAT tool.
And now it's also able to support .itd files.

Great!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX .itd format

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »