Thread poster: Dr. Rajesh Kumar

Dr. Rajesh Kumar
India
Local time: 10:55
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jun 23, 2013

I am looking for a facility for editing files which may be able to take original and translated files and output be a proofread file in track change mode.

4leavedClover  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 08:25
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Xbench? Jun 23, 2013

Have you tried this:
http://www.xbench.net/
There is a 30-days trial version.

Dr. Rajesh Kumar
India
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your help! Jun 23, 2013

Thank you for your help. I have checked this but I think it is for QA. What I am looking for is a tool for editing/proofreading jobs where you get original and translated file and expected to deliver edited file in track change mode and have to work keeping the doc file side by side. I wish there is a tool which may take both the files, make segments, and give an output in a track changed doc file, etc.

Orrin Cummins  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 14:25
Japanese to English
+ ...
Not what you are asking for Jun 23, 2013

But did you know about this feature of Word?

Dr. Rajesh Kumar
India
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This is helpful Jun 23, 2013

This is helpful, but I am thinking if a tool may make segments, and also probably use a TM as many times we end up editing same sentences again and again. Thank you for your help.

Orrin Cummins  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 14:25
Japanese to English
+ ...
Agreed, you need something more robust Jun 23, 2013

Just linked that in case it comes in handy in the meantime. Not a lot of people seem to know about (myself included, as of just a couple of months ago).

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:25
English
You didn't say if you use a CAT? Jun 23, 2013

Hi,

I ask this because then you perhaps have more options? For example Studio has SDLXLIFF Compare freely available through the OpenExchange: http://goo.gl/iIAaA

There is a also a tool called Change Tracker that might be useful and this offers support for more formats: http://change-tracker.com/

Regards

Paul

Heartsome Support
Local time: 13:25
Export bilingual word files for comparision Jun 24, 2013

Another way for your reference: Export bilingual word files from your original project and translated project respectively in your CAT (if it supports so) , and then compare these two word files.

Milan Condak  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:25
English to Czech
Virtaal Jun 25, 2013

I am using for editing target fields of bilingual files Virtaal, see:

http://docs.translatehouse.org/projects/virtaal/

I mostly use it for editing TMX for OmegaT.

All edited segments are saved into local TM in multi-language database.
The diff are highligheted.

HTH

Milan Condak

Dr. Rajesh Kumar wrote:

I am looking for a facility for editing files which may be able to take original and translated files and output be a proofread file in track change mode.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a tool for editing files?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search