Thread poster: Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:41
Dutch to English
Jan 9, 2014

Hi, two questions:

Sometimes, but not always, comments I insert in Studio are automatically included as Word comments in the final Word file, which is a handy feature. Can someone tell me when this happens? Does it only work with docx files, for example? Or is it some setting in the source file my client sends me?

Other wee question: I spent a couple of minutes trying to work out how to make a selection ALL CAPS in Studio but was unsuccessful. Does anyone know ho
... See more
Hi, two questions:

Sometimes, but not always, comments I insert in Studio are automatically included as Word comments in the final Word file, which is a handy feature. Can someone tell me when this happens? Does it only work with docx files, for example? Or is it some setting in the source file my client sends me?

Other wee question: I spent a couple of minutes trying to work out how to make a selection ALL CAPS in Studio but was unsuccessful. Does anyone know how?

Thanks,

Olly
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Two wee answers Jan 9, 2014

Olly Pekelharing wrote:

Does it only work with docx files, for example? Or is it some setting in the source file my client sends me?

Yes, you can only transfer comments in .docx
You'll find the setting in the File tab>options>Filetypes>MS Word 2007-2013>Common
"Retain Studio comments in target file"

Other wee question: I spent a couple of minutes trying to work out how to make a selection ALL CAPS in Studio but was unsuccessful. Does anyone know how?

Same as in MS Word: select text and toggle Shift+F3 to change between caps on/off/initial capitals.

Oliver Pekelharing
Netherlands
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks! Jan 9, 2014

Thanks Emma,

I actually reassigned all the shift+F* combinations, not realising they were important shortcuts. I guess I'll have to look into what other useful shortcuts I've reassigned and re-reassign them all!

Olly

owhisonant (X)
owhisonant (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Or use the dreaded ribbon... Jan 9, 2014

"Advanced > Formatting > Change Case..." will also do the trick!

Oliver Pekelharing
Netherlands
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jan 9, 2014

How odd that it's not grouped with the other formatting buttons!

Olly

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 Comments in Word doc/all caps

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »