Idiomax Translation Suite
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 19:39
English to German
+ ...
Nov 15, 2004

Hi! This seems to be a newer CAT for translators. A client had asked me, whether I have working experience. I heard it only today. Does anyone have hands-on experience with this tool. All kinds of information is much appreciated.
Regards, Brandis

[Edited at 2004-11-15 17:58]

Schwabamädle
Schwabamädle
Canada
Local time: 13:39
English to German
+ ...
All contents of my Document folder gone Nov 15, 2004

Hi Brandis,

I just read your posting and with my spontaneity I thought lets check this out. I typed it in my browser and went for the free trial download. I looked at it and than decided to uninstall it. My virus scan MacAffee got disabled and the worst is that all the contents of my Document folder is gone. I feel completly stressed. I have no idea what happend.

Regards,
stressed Andrea (-; arrgh

I just found out that my virus scan is removed, from t
... See more
Hi Brandis,

I just read your posting and with my spontaneity I thought lets check this out. I typed it in my browser and went for the free trial download. I looked at it and than decided to uninstall it. My virus scan MacAffee got disabled and the worst is that all the contents of my Document folder is gone. I feel completly stressed. I have no idea what happend.

Regards,
stressed Andrea (-; arrgh

I just found out that my virus scan is removed, from the desktop and from the programs/ huh I think I make an SOS posting to the tech. forum.

[Edited at 2004-11-15 18:46]
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
don´tworry there is probably a solution for it Nov 15, 2004

Hi Andrea, If you are using XP edition of windows, you can restore your system to a previous restoration point. This way you can retrieve all files. Try it.
Regards,Brandis

Schwabamädle
Schwabamädle
Canada
Local time: 13:39
English to German
+ ...
I tried already Brandis. Nov 15, 2004

I already tried system restore. Still the same nothing there.

I think I downloaded it to my documents and after I uninstalled it I uninstalled all my work.

This is what happens when you are to nosy (-;

Oh I forgot to say thanks for your answer Brandis.

OFF Topic: your website is awesome congratulations

[Edited at 2004-11-15 19:08]

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
you will find multiple point of restoring options Nov 15, 2004

Andrea Di Marco wrote:

I already tried system restore. Still the same nothing there.

I think I downloaded it to my documents and after I uninstalled it I uninstalled all my work.

This is what happens when you are to nosy (-;

Oh I forgot to say thanks for your answer Brandis.

OFF Topic: your website is awesome congratulations

[Edited at 2004-11-15 19:08]
Hi!Andrea, supposing you restore your system to a previous point of time say yesterday or last week. This generally works.Unless you have deleted half the system before knowing it. In this case you have to reinstall from the beginning, note your documents and working files will not be damaged, if you install new on the current system, just overwrite it.A few application links might still be availble, but a new installation on the current status (in order not to erase your working files)is the best solution. I am glad you like my half finished web-presence, it is slowly functioning. I must thank many people for their valuable suggestions.
Regars,Brandis

bmon
bmon
English
The idiomax suite... Nov 16, 2004

Hi there

Sorry to hear about the problems going on... hope that works out for you.

Doesn't seem like http://www.idiomax.com/suite.htm is any comparison to a lot of the CAT tools out there. Granted there isn't much information on the website.

http://www.idiomax.com/suite.htm
... See more
Hi there

Sorry to hear about the problems going on... hope that works out for you.

Doesn't seem like http://www.idiomax.com/suite.htm is any comparison to a lot of the CAT tools out there. Granted there isn't much information on the website.

http://www.idiomax.com/suite.htm

It seems like they push Machine Translation quite a bit.

Cheers
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Idiomax Translation Suite

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »