https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/2683-%5Cview_bids%5C_option_do_you_agree_or_disagree.html

\"View bids\" option. Do you agree or disagree?
Thread poster: Teresa Duran-Sanchez
Teresa Duran-Sanchez
Teresa Duran-Sanchez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:57
German to Spanish
+ ...
May 8, 2002

I\'ve seen a \"View bids\" option under one of the job postings, but not all of them have it. I hid my address in proz a couple of months ago after receiving hate mails from some freaks but I like including it in my bids, as well as some confidential information such as contact details from previous employers if the job poster requests references.

I don\'t have any objection to showing my bids if they don\'t include confidential information, but is there an option if I don\
... See more
I\'ve seen a \"View bids\" option under one of the job postings, but not all of them have it. I hid my address in proz a couple of months ago after receiving hate mails from some freaks but I like including it in my bids, as well as some confidential information such as contact details from previous employers if the job poster requests references.

I don\'t have any objection to showing my bids if they don\'t include confidential information, but is there an option if I don\'t want my bid to be seen?

Since when is there this option in the site? How is it activated? Can we opt out?

Collapse

Older jobs/outsourcer only May 8, 2002

The \"View bids\" link was only available when the job poster chose \"public bidding\" as the method. We removed this option a few months ago, so the \"View bids\" link only appears if you are the outsourcer of the job, or if you are viewing a job that was posted more than a few months ago as a \"public bidding\" job.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

\"View bids\" option. Do you agree or disagree?

Translation news related to CAT tools

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »