https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/280106-lf_aligner_confidence_value.html

LF Aligner Confidence Value
Thread poster: 7207950892 (X)
7207950892 (X)
7207950892 (X)
France
Local time: 06:24
English to French
Jan 8, 2015

Hi everybody!

I just downloaded LF Aligner and it seems to be working great (despite having to use TMX Maker to obtain a tmx from the xls)
I happen to have a question though regarding confidence value. I couldn't find any information regarding how it is calculated or how to use it. I would think the higher the better, but I happen to obtain negative values and the highest is around 9, though most of them are between 0 and 1, even if the alignment seems to be pretty accurate.... See more
Hi everybody!

I just downloaded LF Aligner and it seems to be working great (despite having to use TMX Maker to obtain a tmx from the xls)
I happen to have a question though regarding confidence value. I couldn't find any information regarding how it is calculated or how to use it. I would think the higher the better, but I happen to obtain negative values and the highest is around 9, though most of them are between 0 and 1, even if the alignment seems to be pretty accurate.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks, Morgane.
Collapse

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Confidence value Jan 8, 2015

The confidence value is assigned by hunalign, so I don't know much about it. I wouldn't worry about it. It's for automated selection/discarding of texts/segments in large alignment projects, but translators usually align smaller quantities and have the option of reviewing by hand instead of relying on the confidence value, which seems to be pretty unreliable.

7207950892 (X)
7207950892 (X)
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 10, 2015

Hi Andras! Thanks for the quick reply. I thought it might be useful when I read about it in the instructions of the xls file, but if you say it s not reliable, I might want to ignore it.

Have a good day,

Morgane.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

LF Aligner Confidence Value

Translation news related to CAT tools

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »