I received this answer from Jacques Guyot from Olanto:
One can find complete documentation on www.olanto.org.
Some answers to the questions posed here.
"Anybody using these Open Language Tools?"
- These tools are used daily in large organization like CERN, WTO, WIPO, ...
- Students (experimenting with INALCO - Paris)
"Looks like something designed by programmers for programmers"
- The tools are designed with translators.
- But they are designed to automate tasks with the support of an IT group.
Could you get it to work?
- The installation manuals are sufficient to install the tools (although they are very technical)
- Large organizations use partners for installations and maintenance
- A new initiative for students provides a pre-installed version (in a virtual machine). (https://github.com/olanto/EDUCATION/wiki/Home_FR,
Currently the documentation is only in French, everyone can contribute to translate into other languages)!