Olifant 3.0 and Windows 10
Thread poster: Matthias Brombach

Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:18
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Dec 1, 2015

Dear colleagues,

it looks like Olifant does not work with Windows 10, even when running it in W7 mode. Has anybody please some experience to share how I could run Olifant anyway on my W10 notebook or what alternatives you have for opening .tmx files even without being able to edit them?
Thanks and best regards,
Matthias


 

Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:18
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I prefer Heartsome's TMX editor Dec 1, 2015

Matthias Brombach wrote:

Dear colleagues,

it looks like Olifant does not work with Windows 10, even when running it in W7 mode. Has anybody please some experience to share how I could run Olifant anyway on my W10 notebook or what alternatives you have for opening .tmx files even without being able to edit them?
Thanks and best regards,
Matthias


I have no problem running only from 3.0.8 on Windows 10 (downloaded from here: http://okapi.sourceforge.net/downloads.html ).

However, I much prefer Heartsome's TMX editor these days (https://github.com/heartsome/tmxeditor8 ).


 

Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:18
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Dec 1, 2015

I don´t know why, but my first download of olifant did not work, but knowing from you that olifant should work with W10, I gave it another try, following the download posibilities given from the Okapi website and now everything is okay. Heartsome will be checked too, but later.
Thanks and have a nice day!

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Matthias


 

Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:18
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Now I know why: Dec 2, 2015

Matthias Brombach wrote:

I don´t know why, but my first download of olifant did not work

...the first file (or perhaps the second?) was infected by istartpageing, a browser hijacker and therefore a kind of malware, although my (paid) antivirus programme was activ. Now my web browser always starts with "istartpageing" (instead of Google). I wonder how I can get rid of it? A web search shows numerous programms, which might be trustful as the malware I caught...


 

Adrien Esparron
Local time: 07:18
Member (2007)
German to French
+ ...
Free downloads are sometimes tricky... Dec 2, 2015

Matthias Brombach wrote:

Matthias Brombach wrote:

I don´t know why, but my first download of olifant did not work

...the first file (or perhaps the second?) was infected by istartpageing, a browser hijacker and therefore a kind of malware, although my (paid) antivirus programme was activ. Now my web browser always starts with "istartpageing" (instead of Google). I wonder how I can get rid of it? A web search shows numerous programms, which might be trustful as the malware I caught...


I posted an answer for the hijacking problem here :

http://www.proz.com/forum/safe_computing/295363-browser_firefox_always_starts_with_istartpageing.html

You have to know that a lot of free downloads are "sponsored" with malwares and adwares that, if you do not pay attention, are by default downloaded and installed, provoking the problems you had.

Be careful, even if you "Decline" or "Skip", these programs, you are never sure to avoid some of them. So, by principle, always download free tools and softs from the original editor.

Have fun!

[Modifié le 2015-12-02 11:21 GMT]


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Olifant 3.0 and Windows 10

Advanced search







PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search