translators for .xliff files
Thread poster: Laura Vecchio

Laura Vecchio
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:06
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 24, 2017

Hello everyone does someone know which translator should I download to translate .xliff files?
Give me a list if possible. Thanks


 

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 23:06
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Pls see Jan 24, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XLIFF

 

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 23:06
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Me :-) Jan 24, 2017

italiana81 wrote:

Hello everyone does someone know which translator should I download to translate .xliff files?
Give me a list if possible. Thanks


I am a translator but you may not download me.icon_wink.gif But I do translate xliff files!icon_wink.gif


 

FrenchPhD  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 17:06
French to English
+ ...
I am fully available Jan 24, 2017

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

italiana81 wrote:

Hello everyone does someone know which translator should I download to translate .xliff files?
Give me a list if possible. Thanks


I am a translator but you may not download me.icon_wink.gif But I do translate xliff files!icon_wink.gif



For such a lovely lady I would let her download me any time.


 

MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 23:06
Italian to German
+ ...
:) :) Jan 27, 2017

I award this the nicest post of the year!
Greetings,
Mike


 

Juan Martín Fernández Rowda  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:06
English to Spanish
+ ...
I hope you guys don't mind a serious answer Jan 27, 2017

XLIFF (XML Localisation Interchange File Format) files are xml-based bilingual files (i.e., they always have a source and a target). This format is widely used in localization, so most professional translators should known how to handle it.

All major CAT tools should support this format. You can try Matecat.com or Smartcat.com, they are both free.


 

Laura Vecchio
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:06
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks to everyone Jan 28, 2017

Hello thank you everyone for the answers specially to Natalie and Juan Martin for the names of CAT TOOLS that support that format. I already choose a CAT tool that support xliff files and I am practising with it.
P.S. when I wrote translators I didn't mean I need someone to translate but translators as a machine to let me do the job that has been asked (translate xliff files)!!
Anyway thanks for the funny answers as well


 

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 23:06
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
translator as a tool Feb 11, 2017

yes I know, but I could not help exploiting the ambiguity.icon_smile.gif
I hope your tool works for you.

Regards

Piotr

italiana81 wrote:

Hello thank you everyone for the answers specially to Natalie and Juan Martin for the names of CAT TOOLS that support that format. I already choose a CAT tool that support xliff files and I am practising with it.
P.S. when I wrote translators I didn't mean I need someone to translate but translators as a machine to let me do the job that has been asked (translate xliff files)!!
Anyway thanks for the funny answers as well


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

translators for .xliff files

Advanced search







memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search