euge bellini  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 16:10
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 5

Hi there,
I have just installed version 2017 and it is not working properly. When trying to open a single document for translation, it just lets me choose the languages, but not the TM. I did open a package correctly though. Any thought? Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks,

Direct link Reply with quote

Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
You're not the only one... Sep 6

The community kdb has several reports of this happening and so far no public answers - you have to submit a support request. The easiest workaround so far is to make a project from scratch (I would posit that's a good idea all the time, to control exactly where the files are being saved to).

Uruguay
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Can't believe it Sep 6

Hi Rosana,
Thanks for your reply.
I can't believe this has no official answer. I will try to submit a ticket and see what happens.

Jesse Good
Japan
Local time: 04:10
Japanese to English
It's in the knowledge base.... Oct 7

This error is documented in the kb:
https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000004205

Peter Simon  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 21:10
Member (2013)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Perhaps... Oct 10

I sometimes have this problem too. I usually manage to solve it by choosing another source language first after it balks, and then go back to what I need, and then there she blows!

Hope it works for you too. I mostly have this problem with saving, the solution there is also doing it once again.

Uruguay
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Magically solved Oct 10

Hi all,
The SDL support team replied and helped me with this issue. Strangely, the problem was already solved during a support call.

Many thanks for your suggestions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trouble with SDL Studio 2017

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search