Thread poster: An Ballekens

An Ballekens
Belgium
Local time: 12:08
Member (2017)
English to Dutch
+ ...
May 22

Can anyone help me how to convert an sdxliff to an mxliff for MemSource? Thank you!

Pieter Beens  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2011)
English to Dutch
Can you ellaborate on this? May 22

Hi An,

Welcome to the forumsicon_smile.gif
Can you tell something more? Why should you chose to use SDLXLIFF in Memsource as there are maybe easier options?

Best,

Pieter

An Ballekens
Belgium
Local time: 12:08
Member (2017)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
already translated May 22

Hi Pieter, thanks for your help. The files are already translated in sdxliff format, but I cannot get them uploaded in MS, any tips?icon_smile.gif Thank you!

Netherlands
Member (2011)
English to Dutch
How did you translate? May 22

Hi An,

What CAT tool did you use for translation?
If you used Trados Studio, you should save the target as MXLIFF file and then upload the file to MS.
If it is a big file, open the saved MXLIFF with translations on your PC first, select all segments (Ctrl+Shift+A) and hit Control+Enter to confirm them all at once. That makes life a bit easier.

Best,

Pieter

Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 13:08
English to Russian
How do you save an sdlxliff to mxliff May 23

Hi Pieter,
Could you please give more details on how you save sdlxliff as mxliff? Assume I translated a docx file. Now I have two options: either save it as docx target or save as sdlxliff. But I can't figure out how do I save it as mxliff? Thanks

Netherlands
Member (2011)
English to Dutch
You cannot save to mxliff without a source mxliff May 23

MXLIFF is just another kind of XLIFF file.
If you translate in MemoQ, the software saves the bilingual file as an MQXLIFF file, if you use Trados the file is called an SDLXLIFF file, and if you use Memsource then you are working with MXLIFF. While the files follow the same XLIFF structure, each one is slightly different.
So if you are using Trados you can only export a) the target document in the source format (if you worked on a Docx document this will be a Docx document with the same formatting) or b) the bilingual file in SDLXLIFF format. You cannot export your file in another XLIFF format.
So, if you want to output a MXLIFF file, you need to import a MXLIFF file as well.

If you translated in DOCX and your client needs a MXLIFF file, you can ask them for a MXLIFF source file or export your TM and send it over to the client so they can apply it to their own files to generate the translation.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

sdxliff to Mxliff

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search