Translation Workspace XLIFF Editor – bulk replace of decimal points by decimal commas?
Thread poster: Jiří Toman

Jiří Toman  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 11:47
English to Czech
+ ...
Dec 6

Hi all, I have been wondering if someone has already tried to bulk replace decimal points by decimal commas. I have large files that contain around 1000 words in decimal numbers and I have to open every segment and change each decimal point to a decimal comma. I have tried using the bulk find and replace feature with regular expressions, I have found find all of the occurrences, but I don't know how to replace them... it won't let me... any idea? Have someone else tried the same? Is there a way? Thank you in advance for any hint.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 17:47
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Advanced find and replace in MS Office Dec 6

If your source file is Word, it is quite easy to use the Advanced Find and Replace to insert full stops prior or after translation. Other files do similarly.

I wonder if you do not open all segments, how will you translate in a CAT software.

Soonthon L.

Jiří Toman  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 11:47
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Some precisions Dec 6

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, I do not have access to the source files and I won't be working with final target files either.

I know that in Trados Studio, for example, you can bulk insert source text into target segments, is there a similar feature in TW? That would help a bit, but I have not found it yet...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Workspace XLIFF Editor – bulk replace of decimal points by decimal commas?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search