Thread poster: Greta Vera

Greta Vera  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:28
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
Aug 19, 2005

Hello,

I have followed all the instructions to import terms into Multiterm. I alredy did all the steps in Excel, then saved the file as .txt. as well as in .xml and I still cannot do it, when I put import, 0 entries are processed. Does any one have a clue what I am doing wrong? By the way, I only want to add 2 columns.

(I have Multiterm iX, Windows XP, Office 2003 and Trados 6.5)

[Edited at 2005-08-19 07:25]

[Edited at 2005-08-19 07:38]

[Edited at 2005-08-19 07:47]

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:28
English to German
+ ...
Which version? Did you use MT Convert? Aug 19, 2005

Hi Greta,
Which version of MTiX are you using (Full version number including the 'build number', please - go to Help - About... to find out)?

Did you use MT Convert? If so, the conversion process yields two files: (1) the termbase definition (.xdt), which you use to create a termbase; and (2) the import file (.xml).

Best regards,
Ralf

Mexico
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Trados Version Aug 19, 2005

Hello Ralf,

I am using TRADOS Multiterm 6.0.1.209 (Build 209)component of TRADOS Multiterm iX.

I really hope you can help me out since I have spent the whole week and I cannot get this done!

Thanks Ralf!

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 23:28
English to Czech
+ ...
Use MT Convert Aug 19, 2005

Use MT Convert, as Ralf suggested. Prepare the Excel file - it should contain only the information you want to import. You said there were only two columns, it's the easiest case. Just make sure each column has a heading, probably "English" and "Spanish".

Use MT Convert to convert the Excel file to a termbase definition and an import XML file. Follow the instructions and documentation.

Start MultiTerm, create a new termase using the definition created by MT Convert and import the XML file.

Mexico
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Where do I find MT convert? Aug 19, 2005

Where do I find MT convert? Sorry to bother you but I am new at this!

Thanks for all of your help!

Greta

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing terms into Multiterm iX

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search