Thread poster: Greta Vera

Greta Vera  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:12
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
Aug 19, 2005

Hello,

I have followed all the instructions to import terms into Multiterm. I alredy did all the steps in Excel, then saved the file as .txt. as well as in .xml and I still cannot do it, when I put import, 0 entries are processed. Does any one have a clue what I am doing wrong? By the way, I only want to add 2 columns.

(I have Multiterm iX, Windows XP, Office 2003 and Trados 6.5)

[Edited at 2005-08-19 07:25]

[Edited at 2005-08-19 07:38]

[Edited at 2005-08-19 07:47]

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:12
English to German
+ ...
Which version? Did you use MT Convert? Aug 19, 2005

Hi Greta,
Which version of MTiX are you using (Full version number including the 'build number', please - go to Help - About... to find out)?

Did you use MT Convert? If so, the conversion process yields two files: (1) the termbase definition (.xdt), which you use to create a termbase; and (2) the import file (.xml).

Best regards,
Ralf

Mexico
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Trados Version Aug 19, 2005

Hello Ralf,

I am using TRADOS Multiterm 6.0.1.209 (Build 209)component of TRADOS Multiterm iX.

I really hope you can help me out since I have spent the whole week and I cannot get this done!

Thanks Ralf!

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 21:12
English to Czech
+ ...
Use MT Convert Aug 19, 2005

Use MT Convert, as Ralf suggested. Prepare the Excel file - it should contain only the information you want to import. You said there were only two columns, it's the easiest case. Just make sure each column has a heading, probably "English" and "Spanish".

Use MT Convert to convert the Excel file to a termbase definition and an import XML file. Follow the instructions and documentation.

Start MultiTerm, create a new termase using the definition created by MT Convert and import the XML file.

Mexico
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Where do I find MT convert? Aug 19, 2005

Where do I find MT convert? Sorry to bother you but I am new at this!

Thanks for all of your help!

Greta

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing terms into Multiterm iX

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search