https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/35904-import_a_trados_tm_txt_into_sdlx_tm.html

Import a Trados TM (.txt) into SDLX TM
Thread poster: Silvia Gentili
Silvia Gentili
Silvia Gentili  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 22:56
English to Spanish
Aug 21, 2005

Is it possible to import a Trados TM (.txt) into SDLX TM; or if not in .txt format, is there any other way?
I thank you very much eny helping hand

Mirella Soffio
Mirella Soffio  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 03:56
English to Italian
+ ...
It's quite simple... Aug 21, 2005

- From SDLX dashboard, select Maintain
- Select TM --> Open and open the SDLX TM to which you want to add the .txt TM (or create a new one if you prefer).
- Now select TM --> Import --> Trados. This will open the Import Wizard.
- Select Add. This will open the File Selection window. In the File Type box, select "Text Files (.txt)
- Select Add Selection and open the .txt file you want to import, then click OK.

HTH

Mirella

... See more
- Select TM --> Open and open the SDLX TM to which you want to add the .txt TM (or create a new one if you prefer).
- Select Add. This will open the File Selection window. In the File Type box, select "Text Files (.txt)
- Select Add Selection and open the .txt file you want to import, then click OK.

HTH

Mirella

[Edited at 2005-08-21 23:54]
Collapse

Anne Lee
Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:56
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Import via SDLX TM tool Aug 22, 2005

I have been using a different option because I tend to create a new TM for the purpose. I go to Translation Memory, Import a TM, Create a new TM, Import from Trados etc.
If you want to end up with a translation that needs to be exported to Trados, you will need to presegment your text first with Trados. If not, you can just use your imported TM and process the text as usual.
SDLX have a guide on 'How to Import/Export to Trados'. I don't know whether it is available from their we
... See more
I have been using a different option because I tend to create a new TM for the purpose. I go to Translation Memory, Import a TM, Create a new TM, Import from Trados etc.
If you want to end up with a translation that needs to be exported to Trados, you will need to presegment your text first with Trados. If not, you can just use your imported TM and process the text as usual.
SDLX have a guide on 'How to Import/Export to Trados'. I don't know whether it is available from their website, but if you email me, I will send it to you. This guide dates from 2003 so I don't know how compatible it is with more recent versions of SDLX but I now work with SDLX 2004 and I still find it useful.

[Edited at 2005-08-22 09:32]
Collapse

Silvia Gentili
Argentina
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
import and export TM with SDLX Aug 23, 2005

Anne Lee

I want to thank you very much for your detailed and clear explanation, which in fact was very useful for me because I am pretty new with SDLX
I would really appreciate if you sent me the SDLX 'How to Import/Export to Trados'guide.
Thank youmuch again and my regards

Anne Lee wrote:

SDLX have a guide on 'How to Import/Export to Trados'. I don't know whether it is available from their website, but if you email me, I will send it to you. This guide dates from 2003 so I don't know how compatible it is with more recent versions of SDLX but I now work with SDLX 2004 and I still find it useful.

[Edited at 2005-08-22 09:32]

Silvia Gentili
Argentina
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
import and export TM with SDLX Aug 23, 2005

Mirella
hank you alot for your help;itwas very useful and explicative.
Regards
Silvia Gentili

Mirella Soffio wrote:

HTH

Mirella

Silvia Gentili
Argentina
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Import a Trados TM (.txt) into SDLX TM Aug 26, 2005

Hello Mirella

Sorry to bother you once more but you know that I opne SDLX and look for "Maintain" ti import the txt. TM, but I cannot find the "Maintain" and I consequently I can't follow the import process, Could you please. Thank you a lot.
Regards
Silvia G.

Mirella Soffio wrote:

HTH

Mirella

MPORT i

Mirella Soffio
Mirella Soffio  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 03:56
English to Italian
+ ...
What do you see when you start SDLX? Aug 29, 2005

Hi Silvia

sorry for not answering before but I missed your posting.
Which version of SDLX are you running?
And what do you see when you start the program? If you see the "start translation" dialogue (a window in which you can select the file to translate, the source and target language and an optional TM, then you have to click on the "SDLX" button (bottom left) to access the main switchboard. There you'll find the "Maintain" button.

Let me know if this help
... See more
Hi Silvia

sorry for not answering before but I missed your posting.
Which version of SDLX are you running?
And what do you see when you start the program? If you see the "start translation" dialogue (a window in which you can select the file to translate, the source and target language and an optional TM, then you have to click on the "SDLX" button (bottom left) to access the main switchboard. There you'll find the "Maintain" button.

Let me know if this helps

Mirella
Collapse

Silvia Gentili
Argentina
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thank for your help Aug 29, 2005

Mirella

you have been very kind to help me. I really appreciate your support. Luckily I already found the SDLX dashboard.

Regards

S. Gnetili from a cold and grey Argentina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Import a Trados TM (.txt) into SDLX TM

Translation news related to CAT tools

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »